AS A SERIOUS AUTHOR, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORK ISN’T FINISHED WHEN YOU TYPE THE END.
There’s that little thing called marketing to consider – in other words, how you’re going to get your words into the hands of people who want to read them. Even traditionally published authors are responsible for a great deal of their own marketing these days, as publishers reduce the amount of time, money, and energy they invest in developing their lists. And if you’re self publishing, of course, the marketing is entirely up to you.
It doesn’t have to be. In fact, marketing can be simple and (dare I say it?) even A FUN PART OF YOUR BUSINESS AS AN INDIE AUTHOR – if you go about it the right way.
The problem is that most authors don’t think of marketing the same way they think of crafting their books. Authors love to read all about craft, spend hours plotting and creating outlines, write reams on character backstory that may or may not ever make it into the book…
Yet when it comes to marketing and selling – if they’re doing marketing at all – they’re willing to just throw something together, post to Facebook once in a while when they remember (or when they’re procrastinating…), and maybe even dabble in Facebook ads here and there.
But marketing is just like writing – you have to know where you’re going and you’ll need a plan to get there.
meet the author: cecelia mecca
Knowing your information and being able to convey it are two different things; Ads for Authors does a fantastic job of conveying the crucial information.
Many new authors mistakenly think:
- Self publishing is free. You don’t need to invest anything to be successful.
- You can do your own marketing entirely on social media – again, for FREE.
- I don’t want to bother people, so I don’t need a way to collect their email address (why would they even want emails from me?)
- Advertising and marketing online seem pretty technical – and I’m not a technical person.
- (And maybe worst of all...) I’m a writer, not a marketer.
Our students have become some of the biggest indie authors in the world:
“it’s too technical.”
The team at Learn Self Publishing aren’t especially technical – we’re not experts at websites and data and all the stuff you might think you need to know to make advertising work. You’ll be able to get ads up and running very quickly. Better still, we’ll guide you through the whole process, teaching you the trickier concepts, explaining the jargon and then presenting you with hours of detailed videos that allow you to look over our shoulders as we set up and monitor ads. We’ll demystify the process and show you how easy it is.
“i don’t have time!”
We won’t lie: advertising on Facebook, Amazon and BookBub takes a bit of time to learn and set up, but we’re going to cut your set up time by way more than half, because we’ll show you everything you need to know. And once you have your systems set up, it takes almost no time to maintain. Ten minutes – that’s all. The system we teach finds new readers for you while you write the new material that they’re going to love.
“i’m not a marketer.”
Successful writers know that you need to wear lots of different hats. The days when you could just write and leave someone else to get your books into the hands of new readers are long gone. And that’s great! If you’re anything like us, you want people to love your stuff, but you also want to be paid enough so that you can do what you love as your full-time job. Why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of the most efficient strategies to make that a reality?
“i’m not ready to launch...”
All you need is a finished book that’s ready to be delivered to readers. We’ll show you how to leverage that book to drive sign-ups to your mailing list – the #1 most powerful marketing strategy a writer can have. And then we’ll show you how to sell it. There’s a perception in the indie community that too many authors are advertising and it isn’t as effective as it once was. We disagree. This course will show you how to make your ads as effective as possible – and what’s working right now.
“it’ll be too expensive.”
This is one of the most frequent concerns we hear from other authors. It’s not true. You can run simple list building ads on Facebook for as little as $5 a day. And that’s an investment that should result in a tidy return – the goal is to make a profit as new readers buy your books.
meet the author: Garrett robinson
The difference for me before I did Ads for Authors and after was before I did it, I didn't have a career, and after I did it, I had one. That was the straight-up difference. Before, I was not anywhere close to making a living from my writing, and afterwards, not only was I suddenly making a living from my writing, but my wife got to quit her job in order to work for me as well. So, I'd say it worked pretty good.
at a certain stage in life – or your business – you’re not interested in just doing what you’ve been doing. It isn’t working. You’re not getting the results you want. And that’s frustrating. You’re ready to take things to an entirely different level.
The problem is this: it’s not something you can do on your own. It’s not going to be you sitting in a coffee shop, figuring out how to make your books sell in the intervals between writing new stuff.
in fact, when you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to:
- Find your perfect readers and hit them with beautiful, well-crafted ads that convert them into buyers and fans.
- Build an automated email sequence that introduces new readers to your writing and encourages them to move on to your paid books.
- Grow your email list exponentially with readers who have signed up because they are eager to know more about you and your writing.
- Turn some of those readers in to fans, and then into superfans (and members of your Street Team – selling more books for you!).
- Write engaging emails to your readers that build strong lasting relationships.
- Start growing the core posse of 1,000 true fans any creative artist needs to build a sustainable and reliable business doing the things that you love.
- And – I almost forgot – SELL BOOKS.
MEET THE AUTHORS
LUCY SCORE, ROMANCE
If you’re on the fence about it, do it. The course will pay for itself with your first launch. We hit over three quarters of a million last year - and we already beat that this year.
RYAN SCHOW, DYSTOPIAN
The modules are fantastic. Even if you’re not technology-savvy, it’s very easy to do. It’s seamless. I became a full-time author 3 months ago. I’ve strived for it for a long time. This is the avenue that’s allowed me to do that.
MICHELLE MADOW, FANTASY
I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to take the course earlier so that I could be even further along than I am now. This course really makes a huge difference and will change your career. And your life.
SHAYNE SILVERS, URBAN FANTASY
I knew how to write but I didn’t know how to treat it like a business. Within two to three months of doing the Ads for Authors course, I made five figures in a month. Six months after that I was able to quit my job and do this full time.
MARC REKLAU, NON-FICTION
A year ago things weren’t so bright. I was really struggling. Six months after taking the course, the money my books made quadrupled. And the more books you sell, the more organic opportunities come along like audiobooks and foreign rights deals.
EXACTLY WHAT YOU’LL LEARN INSIDE ADS FOR AUTHORS:
FACEBOOK ADS FOR AUTHORS
The original and the largest of the courses within Ads for Authors, our flagship Facebook Ads for Authors covers everything you need to know in order to navigate the world’s largest social media ads platform. In this course you will learn:
- General Principles: How to navigate the Facebook Ads interface, and how to create a campaign and target readers;
- How to use Facebook Ads to build a mailing list of superfans;
- And how to use the ads platform to drive sales of your books. You’ll also get access to Advanced Facebook Ads for Authors – a steadily updated curriculum of high-level ninja tips and tricks.
BookBub Ads for Authors
You’ve probably heard how effective BookBub’s Featured Deals are, right? Take a deep dive into the platform with an up-to-date and expansive module delivered by the BookBub team themselves, and learn everything from setting up an account to building an audience to creating ads with cheap CPCs… and much more!
TIKTOK FOR AUTHORS
Let established indie authors Lila Dubois and Jayne Rylon take you by the hand and show you how to tap into the awesome marketing potential of the popular platform in this specially commissioned module. BookTok is very much a thing!
BONUS! Advanced Facebook Ads for Authors
An additional course with pro ninja tips galore to take your Facebook ads marketing to the next level.
BONUS!How to Write Better, Simpler Ads
In this guest module from author and author trainer, Bryan Cohen, you’ll learn how to create hooks to draw in readers and master the art of crafting compelling ads for your books – including how to ﬁne-tune them to maximise their performance.
BONUS!Ad Design for Authors
Stuart Bache, professional book cover designer for bestsellers, shows how to get the very best out of design tools Photoshop and Canva to create high-converting covers for your books.
Access insightful and useful webinars on all things self-publishing, with fresh content added on a regular basis.
Plus: signing up for the course provides you with a host of fantastic additional services worth hundreds of dollars!
- BONUS MODULE: Write Simpler, Better Ads by Bryan Cohen
- BONUS MODULE: Facebook Messenger Bots by Mark Dawson
- BONUS MODULE: Ad Design for Authors by Stuart Bache
- BONUS MODULE: SPF University
- BONUS MODULE: Advanced Facebook Ads for Authors
- $75 OFF the standard price of our popular craft courses: HOW TO WRITE A BESTSELLER, HOW TO REVISE YOUR BOOK and COVER DESIGN FOR AUTHORS
- PRO BOOK COVER DESIGNS by Stuart Bache: discount worth over $350 for ebook design, Facebook ad images and 3D packshot package
- Work smarter and faster when plotting your books with the popular book planning software, PLOTTR (15% discount)
- Discounted membership for an annual plan with BOOKFUNNEL, the popular eBook distribution service (worth $50)
- Discount (30%) worth $120 for PROWRITINGAID, the premium grammar checker and style editor
- Get $5 OFF a Book of the Day ad with BOOKSENDS
- BOOK BRUSH: 15% DISCOUNT on the ANNUAL PLAN FOR LIFE! This amazing service makes creating professional ad and social media images for your book campaigns an absolute breeze - worth $15 a year for as long as you subscribe
- SWIPE COPY – precise Launch Team Recruitment copy as PDF (worth $25)
- TWO great offers from the team at PUBLISHDRIVE with 50% off the first two months of their ebook distribution service (worth up to $100) and a free month (worth $7) with ABACUS, their ace royalty-splitting tool
- Three very useful, up-to-the-min guidebooks from ALLi, the Alliance of Independent Authors, a non-profit association set up to support you as an Indie author.
- Turn your KDP ads into profit, not projects. Merch Jar streamlines and automates your Amazon Ads so you can focus on writing and creating, not managing ads. HALF PRICE for your first year: Save 50% over regular monthly rates with your first annual subscription. Or enjoy 25% off the monthly rate for 3 months.
We also have some fantastic options to create a professionally produced, engaging and marketable AUTHOR WEBSITE at DEEPLY DISCOUNTED PRICES:
- DO YOU NEED A NEW AUTHOR WEBSITE? DIGITAL AUTHORS TOOLKIT is run by long-term SPF collaborator, Stuart Grant, who put together the Wix tutorial for the Self Publishing Launchpad’s Tech Library. His team are offering SPF students the opportunity to receive a 15% discount on a custom-built, world class author websites using the powerful Wix platform. Stuart Grant is the highest rated web designer on Reedsy.
- Get 15% (worth $90) off an Elementor for Writers theme installation, a powerful and easy-to-use WordPress theme built for writers and offered exclusively by the team at GOCREATE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PLATFORMS COVERED IN THE COURSE SUDDENLY CHANGE?
Don’t worry! Once you’ve bought the course you’ll have lifetime access to all future updates of the platforms covered as well as any new modules that are introduced. We do our best to make the course as up to date and future-proof as possible.
WHAT IF I NEED EXTRA SUPPORT AFTER STARTING THE COURSE?
As a student of this course, you’ll gain immediate access to a hugely supportive Facebook community made up of indie authors at various stages of their careers. Whether it’s feedback or insight that you’re after, this is a fantastic place to start. For technical and payment queries, our online support team will aim to respond to your query as quickly as possible.
WHY DOES THE COURSE COST MORE WHEN PAYING BY INSTALLMENT?
We offer a payment plan for authors wanting immediate access to the course but who prefer the benefit of spreading the cost of purchase over 12 months. Administration of the scheme does require extra resources which are covered by the additional cost of the payment plan option.
meet the author: ORLANDO A. SANCHEZ
It really does work for you! I was lost in the marketing/ads world. I did the course and went from making $56 in my first year to making well over six figures a year now. I’ve been able to live off my writing, which is fantastic. It’s a dream.
whether or not you become a successful indie author has much more to do with your marketing systems than anything else.
The good news is, the tactics you need to know to market your book are not difficult to master. We’ve done the hard work of putting all the information together into one hub and system you can use to find readers, introduce them to your work, and create fans and readers for life.
The only thing left for you to do is make it happen.